Can anyone become a Jedi if they strengthen their connection to the Force enough?

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Lando Calrissian
        428 Midi-chlorians
        Jedi Knight

I really liked Ahsoka, but I’m really not sure how I feel about how Sabine supposedly can strengthen her connection to the Force enough to become a Jedi when she clearly doesn’t have much of a connection to the Force. If Disney opens up the Force like this, then what’s to stop potentially anyone and everyone in the galaxy from becoming as powerful as a Jedi, a Sith or something worse? I guess I’m fine with it if you argue everyone’s strength of connection to the Force is on a spectrum and some, who are already more connected to it, can with practice develop Jedi-like skills, but what do you all think?

Lando Calrissian
          428 Midi-chlorians
          Jedi Knight

I should say, I’m sure there are implied rules in this- like most people’s ability to strengthen their connect to the Force is relatively fixed/inert, but implied rules like this just feel like excuses. I guess, overall, I’m not sure how much I love this new concept in Star Wars.

Jabba the Flubb
              350 Midi-chlorians
              Jedi Padawan

I wouldn’t get too bogged down in ‘rules’ with Star Wars or any other fantasy storyline. Gotta just enjoy it for what it is. I do agree though that some things need to stay consistent over time.

Lando Calrissian
              428 Midi-chlorians
              Jedi Knight

That’s fair. I really don’t try to get too focused on the rules of a story arc, but I do think it’s important to be consistent and that’s what I’m really questioning with this turn of events/new development in ‘Ahsoka’.

MasterMace
                81 Midi-chlorians
                Jedi Youngling

I agree. What Disney is doing is fairly problematic if they don’t at least have a good explanation for Sabine’s ability to get stronger in the Force. Not a big issue yet but easily could become a problem if it isn’t clarified how some people can grow stronger in the Force but most people can’t

TK-421
                  59 Midi-chlorians
                  Jedi Youngling

I don’t think it’s that big of a deal. Just like some Jedi become stronger than others, I think any Force-sensitive person can grow in the Force. Sabine was always Force sensitive, just maybe not as much as most Jedi

Lando Calrissian
                      428 Midi-chlorians
                      Jedi Knight

I hope you’re right, but I still have my reservations about how this could get complicated quickly

Reyna Fett
                      399 Midi-chlorians
                      Jedi Padawan

I think she might have always been force-sensitive and because the Mandalorians don’t really like Jedi they just never noticed because she wasn’t that powerful. At least I hope.(that’s my interpretation)I do like that they say that everyone has a connection to the Force because it’s ‘an energy field created by all living things’ so I guess it makes sense. But only Force-sensitives could use the Force.  It’s kinda confusing so I hope they explain it further a give it reasonable rules.

Salina
                        381 Midi-chlorians
                        Jedi Padawan

Hey guys, my understanding of things is that someone’s sensitivity to the force I correspondent to their Midi-chlorian count, however this doesn’t limit how powerful of a Jedi/Sith they can be. For example, Obi-Wan Kenobi had an unusually low Midi-chlorian count, but still became one of the strongest Jedi. I would agree that someone’s connection to the force can be strengthened, and I see Sabine’s new abilities in the force as an extreme case of this.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    DISCUSSION FORUMS CODE OF CONDUCT

By participating in discussions on TrueSWFans.com, you agree to uphold a high level of professionalism in avoiding the use of vulgar, unkind, or inappropriate language. We reserve the right to moderate and remove content that does not meet this standard. For more details, please review the section labeled 'Discussions Forums, Topics, and Express Permissions' in our Terms & Conditions. Please agree to these terms below.

By participating in discussions on TrueSWFans.com, you agree to uphold a high level of professionalism in avoiding the use of vulgar, unkind, or inappropriate language. We reserve the right to moderate and remove content that does not meet this standard. For more details, please review the section labeled 'Discussions Forums, Topics, and Express Permissions' in our Terms & Conditions. Please agree to these terms below.

By signing this form, you agree to this code of conduct.