Where do midi-chlorians come from?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      MasterMace
        81 Midi-chlorians
        Jedi Youngling

Are midi-chlorians inherited? I suspect they aren’t, otherwise Shmi would be Force sensitive right? So then, how do midi-chlorians get into people’s blood?

Lando Calrissian
          428 Midi-chlorians
          Jedi Knight

I don’t think we really know how midi-chlorians get into the blood of Force-sensitive users; I don’t think it has been established in canon. As far as the inheritance of them though, the Skywalker lineage; from Anakin to Luke and Leia to Ben Solo would actually suggest that there is indeed an inheritance pattern. The reason we don’t see that pattern with Shmi isn’t entirely clear, but likely is related to the fact that Anakin’s origins were a mystery in the first place. If he was somehow born in the Force, then this could explain why his inheritance of Force senstivity didn’t come from his mother, but from some other means in the first place.

Lando Calrissian
              428 Midi-chlorians
              Jedi Knight

With regard to inheritance, I should also note that Rey was extremely Force-sensitive just as her grandfather, Emperor Palpatine was. Important to note though that Rey’s father was not Force-sensitive, so this does add some further questions about the inheritance pattern.

Darth Moros
              22 Midi-chlorians
              Force-Sensitive

Personally i enjoy the Plagueis version, where Midi-chlorians are translators of a sentient beings force capability, and how his probing of the force led to the conception of Anakin.

Manipulating and accepting the flow of the force allows for the power to increment one’s physical and mental capacities for an indefinite amount of time, a certain evaluation can be through midi-chlorian count, but the jedi increase their power once they become spirits and sith increase their power with rituals, and in the case of Tenebrous and Plagueis, use science to understand the organelles and then increasing the amount they have.

Anakin was be the source of Luke and Leia’s high count and then Padme could be a lowerer, however Plagueis’ parents had a lower count than he did not to mention the amount of parents that didn’t reach a third of their children’s amount or even possessing the halves that would logically have produced the prodigy, thus is not a matter of common mathematics.

I would say that akin to the TF’s entry quiz one would need a minimun amount to be even able to learn a way to increase it, unless a third party managed to do it for them.

As for inheritance, we can look at genetic percentages, which provide the chances a child will inherit their parents characteristics.

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          DISCUSSION FORUMS CODE OF CONDUCT

By participating in discussions on TrueSWFans.com, you agree to uphold a high level of professionalism in avoiding the use of vulgar, unkind, or inappropriate language. We reserve the right to moderate and remove content that does not meet this standard. For more details, please review the section labeled 'Discussions Forums, Topics, and Express Permissions' in our Terms & Conditions. Please agree to these terms below.

By participating in discussions on TrueSWFans.com, you agree to uphold a high level of professionalism in avoiding the use of vulgar, unkind, or inappropriate language. We reserve the right to moderate and remove content that does not meet this standard. For more details, please review the section labeled 'Discussions Forums, Topics, and Express Permissions' in our Terms & Conditions. Please agree to these terms below.

By signing this form, you agree to this code of conduct.