Star Wars: Episode 5 The Empire Strikes Back is the best film. Do you agree?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      David T. Mallard
        74 Midi-chlorians
        Jedi Youngling

Star Wars Episode 5 is the greatest Star Wars movie ever made and it is also the 2nd greatest movie of all time. I would be happy to listen to comments and debates as far as to why or why not you agree.

Lando Calrissian
          428 Midi-chlorians
          Jedi Knight

It is very interesting that you say this. I actually just finished writing a review for Ep 5 on this site (see review here) and came to the same conclusion pretty much as you, with one caveat. Episode 4 is its equal in the sense that Ep 4 is the original story arc; however, in terms of actual plot and character development, Ep 5 is its superior. I say this because Han and Leia’s relationship is just developed so well in Ep 5 – and in general the acting is exceptional. In addition, Darth Vader is more ominous and threatening in Ep 5 which was an improvement compared to Ep 4. Luke’s development as a Jedi in training and the introduction of such an unassuming character as Yoda was also very brilliant.

There are also some very iconic and significant scenes that show how well the film was really written including the unique idea of freezing Han Solo in carbonite as a testing method to capture Luke, and of course the massive reveal and plot twist that Darth Vader is in fact Luke’s father. The balance of comedy and intense/serious scenes also is very well done, and the list goes on and on.

Jabba the Flubb
            350 Midi-chlorians
            Jedi Padawan

In the original trilogy, 5 is definitely the film I watch the most often, but I can’t say that I think it is definitively hands-down the best. All 3 films in the OT are great- I love the first one as it sets the stage. Ep 5 is great because it shows how bad and dangerous the Empire is, and Ep 6 is a nice conclusion with even some redemptive qualities.

David T. Mallard
              74 Midi-chlorians
              Jedi Youngling

Thanks for your comments guys and seem heartfelt however I always found that vaders destructive vengeance that he sought out obi wan with was formidable in episode 4 it is actually a very good film but not in the realm of empire due to script recpnstructs; plot dynamics, increaingly overwhelming visuals its just a masterpiece through and through i think but i will think through what you said to try and come up with something , youve done great, please your work in new hope and return of the jedi were pleasing works and ill revisit both of them again many times im the future.

David T. Mallard
                74 Midi-chlorians
                Jedi Youngling

No just basically tried to comment I also liked Star wars. 4 and return of the jedi they had quality but script, acting, kind of the ambience was off they were considerably different but off beat and enjoyed nonetheless.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            DISCUSSION FORUMS CODE OF CONDUCT

By participating in discussions on TrueSWFans.com, you agree to uphold a high level of professionalism in avoiding the use of vulgar, unkind, or inappropriate language. We reserve the right to moderate and remove content that does not meet this standard. For more details, please review the section labeled 'Discussions Forums, Topics, and Express Permissions' in our Terms & Conditions. Please agree to these terms below.

By participating in discussions on TrueSWFans.com, you agree to uphold a high level of professionalism in avoiding the use of vulgar, unkind, or inappropriate language. We reserve the right to moderate and remove content that does not meet this standard. For more details, please review the section labeled 'Discussions Forums, Topics, and Express Permissions' in our Terms & Conditions. Please agree to these terms below.

By signing this form, you agree to this code of conduct.